|World's #1 Structural
Analysis and Design Software Supporting Indian and major International
choice of 0.2 million Structural Engineers worldwide, STAADpro is guaranteed to meet all your structural
STAADpro features state of the art user interface,
visualisation tools, powerful analysis and design engines with advanced
finite element (FEM) and dynamic analysis capabilities. From model
generation, analysis and design to visualisation and result verification STAADpro is the
professional first choice.
STAADpro was developed by practicing engineers around the globe. It has evolved
over 20 years and meets the requirements of ISO 9001 certification.
STAADpro has building codes for most countries including
US, Britain, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Norway,
Finland, Sweden, India, China, Euro Zone, Japan, Denmark and Holland.
Analysis And Design :
the world’s most powerful and popular structural analysis and design
software is in use across the globe since 1980. Now it is available
in the form of STAAD.Pro which consists of STAAD + STARDYNE +FEMkit
+ VisualDraw . STAAD.Pro is a comprehensive, general purpose software
for integrated structural analysis and design.
STAAD.Pro may be utilized
for analyzing and designing practically all types of structures – buildings,
bridges, towers, transportation, industrial and utility structures.
the most modern technologies in today’s Computer-Aided-Engineering.
It unifies leading-edge graphics and visualization techniques with proven
and time tested analysis and design. A live, unified database provides
seamless integration across all mission critical application – from concept
design/analysis to detail design, simulation and visualization.
Engineering" based user environment for model development,
analysis, design, visualization and verification.
intuitive 2D/3D graphic model generation.
- Pull down
menus, floating toolbars, tool tip help.
- Flexible Zoom
and multiple views.
and perspective views 3D shapes.
- Built-in Command
- Simple Command
Graphical Pre and Post Processor.
- Joint, Member/Element,
Mesh Generation with flexible user-controlled numbering.
algorithm minimizes disk space requirements.
- FPS, Metric
or SI units.
quality printer plots of Geometry and Results as part of run output.
- On-line manual
and context sensitive help
- Interactive Menu-driven
Model Generation with simultaneous 3D display.
- 2Dand 3D Graphic
Generation using rectangular or polar coordinate systems.
- Segments of repetitive
geometry may be used to generate complex structural models.
- Generate, Copy,
Repeat, Mirror, Pivot, etc. or quick and easy geometry generation.
- Quick/easy mesh
- Comprehensive graphics
- Graphical Specification
and Display of Properties, Loadings, Supports, Orientations.
- Import AutoCAD DXF
- Access to Text Editor.
- 2D/3D drawings on
screen as well as on plotter/printer.
- Full 3D shapes for
- Sectional views
or views with listed members only.
- Isometric or any
rotations for full 3D viewing.
- Display of Properties,
Loadings, Supports, Orientations, Joint/Member numbering, Dimensions,
Hidden line removed, etc.
- Plot manipulation
according to the size, rotation, viewing origin and distance.
Analysis & Design
Analysis based on state-of-the-art Matrix method to handle extremely
Truss, Tapered Beam, Shell/Plate Bending/Plane Stress.
Pinned and Spring Supports with Releases. Also inclined Supports.
Spring Support Generator.
P-Delta Analysis, Non-Linear Analysis with automatic load and stiffness
correction. Multiple Analyses within same run.
Members for Load-Dependent structures.
members and compression-only members, Multi-linear spring supports.
/ Sesmic Analysis
modeling, Extraction of Frequency and Mode shapes.
Spectrum, Time History Analysis.
Damping Ratio for Individual Models.
of Dynamic forces with Static loading for subsequent design.
and Displacements at sections between nodes.
and Minimum force Envelopes.
Types and Load Generation :
for Joints, Members/Elements including Concentrated, Uniform,
Linear, Trapezoidal, Temperature, Strain, Support Displacement,
Prestressed and Fixed-end Loads.
Local and Projected Loading Directions.
or varying Element Pressure Loading on entire or selected portion
Load converts load-per-area to member loads based on one-way
or two-way actions.
Moving Load Generation as per standard AASHTO or user-defined
1997.AIJ/IS 1893/Cypriot Seismic Load Generation.
Wind Load Generation.
Load Combinations including algebraic, absolute and SRSS combination
Element Capabilities :
- Accurate and numerically
Efficient Plate/Shell Element incorporating out-of-plane shear and in-plane rotation.
- Automatic Element
- Comprehensive Element
Stress Output including in-plane stresses, out-of-plane shear, bending and principal stresses at nodal as well as user specified points.
- Built-in steel tables
including AISC, Australian, British, Canadian, Chinese, European, Indian,
Japanese, Korean, Russian, and South African. Shapes include I-Beam
with or without cover plates, Channels, Angles, Double Angles,/Channels,
Pipes and Tubes.
- User-specified Design
Parameters to customize design.
- Code Check, Member
selection and Optimised Member Selection consisting of Analysis/Design
- Design codes include
AISC (ASD and LRFD), AASHTO. Optional codes include ASCE52, BS5400,
BS5950, Canadian, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Indian and Scandinavian.
- Weld deign for all
Concrete Design :
- Design of Concrete
Beam/Column/Slab/Footing as per all major international codes
- Numerical and Graphical
Design Outputs with complete reinforcement details.
- IS 456-2000 for
RCC design implemented.
- RC detailer as per
IS 456-2000 has been implemented which has given a new dimension to RCC design never witnessed in STAAD before.
Timber Design :
- Code Check/Selection
as per AITC Code.
- Result verification
- Deflected and Mode
Shapes based on Joint/Section Displacement for user-specified loading or mode shape number.
- Bending Moment and
Shear force diagrams of individual members as well as the entire structure.
Scale factors for Deflected or Mode shapes.
- orce/Moment Envelope
Plots as max/min for all loads.
- Stress contour plots.
- Code Performance
Plots for Steel Design.
- Powerful on-line
Query for analysis/design results.
- Animation of Deflected/Mode
shapes, Stress Contours.
Query and Report
- These powerful
graphics based facilities provide on-screen result verification
and customized report generation. User-friendly navigation and
organization of data helps you get the information you need with
a few simple clicks.
- Point and click
on a member to obtain all the information on its Geometry, Cross-sectional
properties, Forces, etc. even design information such as Allowable
Stresses, Governing Code Criteria, Reinforcement layout are available.
- Sort and Search
based on required criteria to create customized reports. Arrange
and rank the data based on Forces, Moments, Displacements, Stresses,
etc. in ascending or descending order.
- Customize reports
to include only the information you want, where you want it, including
your company logo.
: STAAD.Pro 2003 with STAAD.etc
- Significant powerful,
integrated component analysis and design tools.
- Use STAAD.etc within STAAD.Pro to analyze and design the footings and create
a footing layout.
- Use STAAD.etc within STAAD.Pro to analyze and design shear and moment bolt
2003 Software Release Report :
- Roaming grid
labeling for construction lines.
- Equation editor
to create parametric equations to define node coordinates.
- Auto mesh
of user defined polygonal element boundary by simple mouse clicks.
Undo and Redo.
- All values
can be input as fractions with their units directly in any edit
box (i.e. 5’1/2" or 12.36m).
- More structure
wizard models including user-defined parametric structures to
create any structural template.
- Define any
point as centre for cylindrical and reverse cylindrical coordinate
- New user defined
steel databases to add customized sections or steel libraries.
- Multiple zooming
and shadow box windows.
- Automatic toggling
of steel and concrete parameters, loads and ranges of node/beam/plate/solid
- Automatic view restoration
facility to keep window arrangements intact.
- New 3D rendering
of structure using shading and lighting.
- New advanced wind
load generator taking into consideration user-defined panels.
- New IS: 456-2000
- New AASHTO 2000
- New IBC 2000 code.
- New AISI Cold-Formed
Steel Design and section library (optional).
- New welding design
- Automatic calcuoation
of cracked moment of inertia for concrete design.
- Non-linear cable
members for catenary cables.
- P-Delta analysis
enabled for plates.
- New Automated bridge
loader to calculate 3D influence surfaces, traffic lanes, critical vehicle
loading positions, etc.(optional).
- Calculation of maximum
base shear for time history loading.
- Influence area reported
for spring supports for elastic mats.
- Scale factors for
ground acceleration for time history loading.
- Warnings for ‘load
losses’ due to poorly defined plate releases.
- Enhanced solid stress
contour definition for brick elements.
- Custom-defined tool-tips
for displaying pre- and post-processing data for any entity with mouse
- Export saved pictures
into any format and in any size.
- New plate and solid
element query box through double-clicking.
- New slider control
for member query box to see shear, bending and deflection values at
any point along the beam.
- New super query
box to change any beam/element attribute on the fly
- Table of contents
for STAAD viewer to go directly to different parts of the ANL file.
- Dynamic query feature
to create customized queries for data mining STAAD output (i.e. Find
All Nodal Deflections<0.06inches in the Global Y Whose Z Coordinate
is> 20ft. for Load Cases > Load Case 5).
Support, Maintenance and Service :
- New Footing plan
calculation and layout schematic form STAAD.etc (optional).
- Integration with
Section wizard for section property calculation of any shape.
- New open and customizable
international steel library database.
- Integration with
Layout product for linking STAAD.Pro data to layout templates.
- open STAAD API to
link STAAD data into any 3rd party or in-house applications
like Excel, AutoCAD, Visio, etc. using any script language like VB,
VBA, JAVA,C, C++, FORTRAN
(fully COM compliant).
To ensure you receive
maximum benefits from your investment in REI products, we offer a comprehensive Maintenance and Service program. This program is designed
to provide you with an information pipeline to answer the questions that
you may have or problems that you may encounter
using any of the REI products and to ensure that you always have immediate
access to the latest releases and upgrades.
from our Maintenance Program with :
- Technical Support
toll-free access to domestic technical support.
Online technical support 24 hours per day.
knowledge-based system for FAQ’s and example problems (changes everyday
with input from REI support engineers around the world).
- Product Updates
- Automatic Software
updates and enhancements mailed to you upon availability.
- Downloadable updates
and patches (Archived updates also available).
- Automatic Bug Notification
System to inform users of new patches, builds or updates very time they
- Training programs
can also be held at your site and customized based on your requirements.
- Substantial discounts
on future upgrades, additional licenses of software and training programs.
- New Start Page to access commonly accessed functions
- Enhanced Grid Tool to work with multiple grids, store for later use, reuse on other projects and use DXF files
- Fly-out toolbars to free up desktop real estate
- Physical Member Query
- In-plane area loads on plates to model friction loading
- Hot rolled channels can now be defined as front to front to complement the back to back definitions
- Automatic property calculation of User Provide Table (UPT) angle sections
- Tool to consolidate multiple property references
- Section property reduction in analysis to account for cracking
- Tension / compression only spring supports easier to define
- Enhanced ELASTIC MAT / PLATE MAT options
- New Reference load cases for primary loads that do not require analysis in themselves
- Enhanced Beta Angle Definition and Assignment
- P-Delta analysis including stress stiffening effect of the KG matrix
- P-Delta analysis including small Delta
- Modal Analysis including stress stiffening effect of KG Matrix
- Buckling Load analysis
- Enhanced Master/Slave command processing
- New Advanced Solver substantially faster for large model problems
- New Eurocode 3:2005 steel design
- New static check table to view equilibrium checks previously only available in the output file
- New Beam and Column designs to the Russian Concrete code SP52
- New RAM Connection Design Mode to design steelwork connections with both basic and smart connections
- Enhanced link to AutoPipe with persistency of pipe models across STAAD.Pro sessions
STAADPro2006 New Features
- Grouping analytical members into physical members using a special member group PMEMBER. Properties and loads can be assigned to physical member.
- Transfer forces for steel connection design will automatically be calculated.
- Automatic calculation of buckling lengths.
- Plastic pushover analysis to identify plastic hinges and member states at different load steps.
- Full steady state and harmonic analysis with modal and composite damping.
- IS800 draft code.
- IS 1893 Load definition through utility.
- Modeling of In-fill Brick wall panels.
- Torsion clause of IS 1893-2002.
STAADPro2005 New Features
- Graphics Environment
- Exporting and Importing files in the CIS/2 format.
- Configurable Selection Cursor with user defined Filter.
- New interface to define a composite floor deck system.
- Define Member Attributes before Creating Member Elements.
- Define Plate Attributes before Creating Plate Elements.
- Circular Opening in Parametric Model and Enhancement of Insert Node Operation.
- Automatic creation of Floor Panel Infill Plates.
- Steel Design
- LRFD Steel Designer with physical members.
- Design of Single Angle per Geometric Axis.
- Design of Face-to-Face double channels.
- New shear and moment connections.
- Design open web joists (based on SJI tables) and castellated beams (SMI Smart Beams).
- Calculation of Effective Length Factors (K Factors) for Steel Design.
- Advanced Connections using the New Descon Integration.
- Fireproofing and the Automatic Fireproofing Specification in STAAD.Pro.
- Column With Lacings And Battens as per IS:800.
- Concrete Design
- Shear Wall Design as per IS:456.
- Interactive Slab design as per Indian standard.
- New Bar Combination for IS:13920.
- Enhanced Earthquake Resistant RC Design (IS:13920).
- Design of I and L-shaped concrete beams/columns ACI:318-02.
- Timber & Aluminium Design
- Missing mass for time history.
- Generate floor spectra from time history.
- Turn on/off shear deformation for static and dynamic analysis.
- Define Cut Off Time for Time History Analysis.
- Load Types & Load Generation
- New wind loading on open lattice structures.
- New load assignment dialog boxes.
- Generation of Wind Load As Per ASCE -7-95.
- Floor load on user defined member groups.
- New floor load generator which automatically updates the pressure distribution if the floor changes. Also, allows for elimination of members.
- Adding and editing tables containing factors for automatic load combination generation.
- Model Verification
- Enhanced illustration of Master-slave Specifications.
- Enhanced illustration of Fixed-But Supports.
- Results Verification
- Stress contour on Displaced Surface or Volume.
- Repositioning Support Reaction Labels.
- Line display of Support Reaction.
- Line display of Plate Stress Contour.
- New Contour System for Member Axial Force.
- New Contour System for Section Utilization Ratio.
- Simultaneous Display of Stress Contours for Plates, Surfaces and Solids.
- Stress contour on Displaced Surface or Volume
STAAD.PRO 2004 New Features
- Graphics Environment
- New Color Coding To Distinguish Local Z-Axis For Plate Element.
- Add Surface Opening.
- Copying Geometry Only With Transnational Repeat.
- Opengl Enhancement For 3d Rendering.
- Steel Design
- Cold Form Steel Sections Are Available As Per Is : 801.
- Transmission Tower Design Is Available As Per Is : 802.
- Composite Beam Design As Per The American Lrfd 3rd Edition Code.
- Enhancement In Color Display For Connections.
- Concrete Design
- Enhanced Shear Wall Design.
- Improved Concrete Slab Design In The Interactive Design Facilities.
- Shear Wall With Openings – Design As Per Aci Code.
- Print The Center Of Gravity Of Portions Of The Structure.
- Print Support Generator For Mat Foundations.
- Calculations Of Effective Length Factors ( K Factors ) For Steel Design.
- Shear Wall With Openings – Modelling And Analysis.
- Specifying A Reduced Set Of Active Modes For Response Spectrum And Time History Analysis.
- Load Types And Load Generation
- Pressure Parameter For Curved Members.
- Load Generation On Beams Using “One Way Slab Loading” Technique.
- Floor Load Generation For Vertical Surfaces.
- Auto Load Combination Generator.
- Ibc 2000/2003 Seismic Load Generation.
- Model Verification
- Check For Solid Elements With Negative Volume.
- Check For Warped Solids.
- Check Overlapping Plates.
- Check Beam Plate Connectively .
- Result Verification
- Beam Stress Manager.
- Re-Indexing Stress Contour Diagrams.
- Cutting Lines Through Plates To Determine The Forces And Stresses Along Any Line.
Some of the new
in graphic environment and data generation facilities.
STAAD environment enhancement
of shear wall
of Interactive steel design as per IS-800
of connections for steel structures
of IS-801, IS-802.
of Revised Earthquake code IS1893-2002.
And many more new features ……..
|Top / Back